Upcoming Championship Races
Well done to the 2017 winners!
|Div 1:||Gavin Mullholland||Jonny Cartwright||Gavin Foster|
|Div 2:||Philip Moyles||Andrew Earnshaw||Leon Severn|
|Div 3:||Paul McCormick||John Ingles||Martin Wood|
|Div 4:||Martin O'Brien||Ian Hoskins||Aileen Baldwin|
|Div 5:||Michelle Rogerson||Sarah Lunt||Joanne Cooke|
|Div 6:||Sally McGregor||Diane Thornley||Dawn Medlock|
|Div 7:||Judith Greenwood||Alex Whyte||Jackie Barker|
How it works
(1) The league will consist of 7 divisions.
(2) Runners will be assigned a division after the 3rd race of the season has taken place. Thuis will be based on the runners ability.
(3) There are 20 events ranging from 3K track races, 5k Park run through Cross countries, half marathons & even a couple of fell races.
(4) Points for each events are awarded as follows: 1st Place 30 points 30 points, 2nd place 29 points, 3rd place 28 points, etc.
(5) You can do as many or as few races as you like, with your top 9 events counting in terms of points.
(6) Runners in the top 3 positions at the event of the year will each be presented with trophies at the Annual Dinner in February.
(7) In the event of runners finishing level on points at the end of the season, each will receive a prize.
(8) The 3K Track Run will be held 3 or 4 times during the year, only your best time will count.
(9) The 2 parkruns, Huddersfield & Halifax, will be treated as separate events. Your best time of the year will count towards your points total.
2018 Handicap Competition
(1) The events in the Handicap competition will be the same as those in the main competition. The exceptions are parkrun & Cross Country, which will be excluded.
(2) The Handicap competition will commence after event 3 has taken place.
(3) Each runner will be assigned a 'flat 10k handicap time'.
(4) The runner performing best against this time will receive 100 points, 2nd 99 points and so on.
(5) Flat 10k handicaps are adjusted after each event. The best performer will have 1 minute 30 seconds deducted from their flat 10k time. The worst performer will have 1 minute 30 seconds added. Everyone in between will also receive an adjusted handicap based on their finishing position.
(6) Points will be scored for your best 7 events.
(1) All competitors entering a Club Championships event must wear a Stainland Lions vest or shirt. If this is not the case & another member of the club objects, then no points will be awarded to the offending runner. There are 2 exceptions to this rule:
(1.1) Fell Races where a runner is 1st for 2nd claim for a different club, e.g. Calder Valley Fell Runners.
(1.2) Park Runs, The Winter Handicap & the Track Races.
(2) All runners must enter events under their own names. Points will not be awarded if this is not the case. Note that some race organisers do accept changes to runner details prior to races commencing.
(3) In the event of any dispute or grievance against a fellow runner, this must be reported within 1 calendar month of the occurrence to a committee member.
(4) No New runners will be admitted to the championships after the end of June.
(5) In the event of the final event of the year being cancelled by the organisers within insufficient time to organise a suitable replacement, the final points will be based on the previous event.